All Reader Reviews of...
357 E. 50th St., New York, NY, 10022
nr. First Ave.
By UWSFoodSnob on 12/6/2011
I'm not even sure I can adequately describe my recent experience at Indigo. Upon entry, I should have turned and fled. The place is filthy. There are wires hanging from holes all over the ceiling. We had the luxury of sitting on the upper level, where we could wistfully gaze at the inch-thick dust coating the lamp at eye-level. They had the RADIO blasting, and most of our meal was accompanied by commercials. The food was mediocre at best, and in no way true Indian fare. The paint job looked like a 5 year-old did it. From start to finish, it was possibly the worst NYC dining experience I've had in 12 years. It is hard to believe this place remains open in a neighborhood I'd like to think would hold its tastes to a higher standard. Absolutely do not waste your money here.
Bad food and bad customer service
By nyfoodie10 on 10/29/2010
Just ordered food from them and the okra (bhindi) is really unappetising. The other dish ( Panner Masala ) is not bad. When I called about the okra I was told by the woman on the phone that "that's the way we make it". Very disappointed. I guess we are not ordering from them again.
WILL KEEP COMING HERE
By Ashok on 10/15/2009
Best Indian food I have ever tasted in New York. Excellent staff; excellent service; excellent food. Will have no hesitation recommending it to one and all.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More