All Reader Reviews of...
92 Clark St., Brooklyn, NY, 11201
nr. Henry St.
Older reviews are WAY OFF...
By Matildalee on 7/18/2012
I have to come to Brooklyn Heights occasionally for work, and the highlight of those days is my luchtime at Iron Chef House. Superb value, service, quality and they're super quick and always fresh. They put my regular Manhattan sushi lunch spot to shame... and for less money. The sashimi lunch is always crazy delicious and beautifully presented. And honestly, the soup and salad that come with it are way beyond what you would expect for a "lunch special."
I LOVE this place!
By GrubJunkie on 6/3/2010
I don't know what these other reviewers are talking about. I absolutely love this place! So what if the waiter comes over to your table but meant to go to the one next to you, he's human! This isn't Per Se or Babbo! It's a neighborhood sushi place and it's adorable, and not to mention tasty as hell. We went there last night for my best friend's birthday. First off, they allow you, and even encourage you, to do sake bombs. Second, every roll we ordered, and even the edamame was very tasty and came out on platters looking like a work of art. I highly reccomend the following rolls: Tiger, Imperial, 2009, Roti, (first 4 are specials but they usually have them, even if not on specials board, just ask!), Kobe, and the Spicy Pheonix. Third, I brought a cake to have at the end of the meal. The waitstaff not only added all the candles that I brought, but they even added a sparkler - so festive and my best friend loved it. They sang along with us too, which was very sweet. All in all, if you're not a complete snob and enjoy tasty, affordable sushi, Iron Chef is a gem.
By linking4ever on 5/4/2010
the fishes they serve are not fresh and palatable with tasteless hard rice, but they do serve their sushi with big cuts of fishes, but what does it do if the fishes are not even fresh. The decor is just horrible, lighting is bad, i personally feel that it is kind of too dark and a scary atmosphere.
By martin88 on 2/4/2009
This place touts the 'value' ticket -- boasting large cuts and flavorful sushi. What that actually boils down to is sub-standard quality sashimi, poorly cut (this actually matters, folks), and sushi that is so over stuffed with over-seasoned ingredients and rice that it attempts to mask the sub-quality of fish being used. Nice one. I don't know about the last reviewer but my delivery comes in 10 mins (the only bonus) on a barely edible meal. :(
Ok at the restaurant. Poor delivery.
By Rfrantz77 on 9/30/2008
I've been there twice. The restaurant is ok. Beautiful decoration, good food, average service. After some days, I decided to try the delivery. It was too expensive, the sushi was dry and they sent dishes i've not ordered and missed other things I had ordered. Bad experience.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations