- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
422 Amsterdam Ave., New York, NY, 10024
nr. 80th St.
3 strikes you're out!
By jjc3 on 12/1/2011
Funny, being so close to other tables in the past, I always heard people complaining and thought, It's a burger joint, what do you want. It's ok. I am a regular at the Original and this is NOT EVEN CLOSE. After getting bad service as we sat, we thought, let's just get take out. This was our 4th mediocre but hopeful visit to this location. Our table was dirty and REALLY cramped... Not new york cramped, like cattle pen cramped. We waited about 20 minutes for take out. Not too long since they were busy. Get home and part of our order was missing. I thought, "naw, he must have misheard me and not charged for some of the food." But nope, it was on the receipt. Call and ask about it and they offered delivery since it was close. 2 BLOCKS!!! 1 hour later, the buzzer rings. I told them forget it. When I called to have my card refunded for just the items left off, they said "TOO BAD, we tried to deliver it!" I PAID FOR FOOD I DIDN'T EVEN GET. I went there to ask for my money back for the food not received and was told "NO the new owner SAM doesn't know me." Too bad, I now know him. Stay away. Hope the original owners step in and fix this place. MESS. PS Take 1 table out. People would rather wait for 15 minutes than eat a burger on a stranger's lap. At the end of the night, people would be happier with the mediocrity and you'll still make your $10 for a plate of frozen fries.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu