All Reader Reviews of...
1305 Madison Ave., New York, NY, 10128
nr. 92nd St.
By ElizaRenee on 8/25/2013
It had taken me some time to come to Island, I had been hearing good things about it and then reading not so great reviews. I disagree with the other reviews. I have now been here several times and I find the service to be very pleasant, polite. The food, not overpriced, and delicious. They also have generous serving sizes for cocktails. I was in one night and found the bartender creating some concoction for the first time, apparently her regulars tell her to surprise them from time to time...she gave me a taste and it was delicious. The outdoor seating is very nice as well. Good food, good service, good music, good times. Definitely recommend this place.
Island is terrible!
By scullje on 6/11/2013
How could you charge someone for food (take cash) and then refuse to deliver to an address that you have been delivering to for 3 years. I just don't understand the bad attitude that has developed at this restaurant. I hope the owner gets involved and fixes things so we can go back. We are deeply dissapointed and the food is just not good enough when the service is this poor.
By mayamyers on 3/15/2013
I agree with the above review that the lack of restaurants in the area is what keeps this place going. Every time I order the burger it's charred on the outside. And, I've never ordered it well-done. Nice ambiance. Staff is usually rude on the phone and they don't take lunch orders until 12:15, which seems a bit late to me.
By alkey896 on 7/30/2011
I like Island, but the fare is pretty simple, (burgers and such) so this is just a place to relax and fill up. the Lobster rolls are good and the drinks are stiff. Go for the clubby decor, and UES scene, and don't expect Eric Ripert to cook.
By christine767 on 6/25/2009
We went here for a romantic dinner, but we were thoroughly underwhelmed. I think that the lack of restaurants in this area is what keeps this one going. Definitely not worth a return trip.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu