All Reader Reviews of...
80 University Pl., New York, NY, 10003
at 11th St.
Best Restaurant providing high quality food
By thara.ls on 9/16/2014
This restaurant is considered to be the best place providing high quality food.The restaurant is available with quality food at a very reasonable price.It is suitable for all ages.I prefer all to visit the restaurant and enjoy the food
By flies on 12/14/2012
Worse than the meager portions were the FLIES swarming around in the restaurant & inside the kitchen all over plexiglas partition separating the food prep area from diners! (Maybe the bar booze keeps regulars from seeing this infestation.) And don't even think of using the grossly odorous "restroom" separated from the dining room by a filthy curtain from the 50's! Only safe place must be outside in the summer.
Great Meeting Place
By FoodGuy247 on 3/16/2011
My friends and I all work the the vicinity of Union Square and we had been looking for a nice local spot to meet up and grab something to "absorb" the drinks we like to imbibe on Thursdays/Fridays. We came upon Jack a little while ago after we spotted them setting up their sidewalk cafe in anticipation for the warm weather. We checked out the menu and BANG! Awesome wine and great food at an unbeatable price. I have to say as a self admitted "jaded" New Yorker could not believe that we had actually found a spot where you didn't have to cash your paycheck early to enjoy a nice meal and drinks. The staff is pretty friendly and cool. Last week we showed up with 6 people and they were like "Not a problem, we'll get you set up right away". The food was damn good, they have this deal where you pick three courses and it's only 20 bucks which is a pretty sweet deal. There's lots of things to choose from too. It's a great spot where you can sit, drink, (possibly spot a celeb or two) and kick back. Thumbs up!
By RogerGill on 7/26/2009
Really great corner for eating outside (or just inside the doorways). Menu is widely varied but familiar/comfortable - the pastas and salads are great. Very friendly service.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More