All Reader Reviews of...
66 Hicks St., Brooklyn, NY, 11201
at Cranberry St.
By fn324 on 2/5/2012
Just got back from Sunday brunch and it was excellent. From the home-baked scones to the buckwheat blueberry pancakes to the tiny roasted potatoes, every bite had its own distinctive flavor. Even the little mache salad on the side of the plate had distinctive flavor. By distinctive flavor, I do not mean that the food was overly seasoned or salted, which I dislike. I mean the scones tasted like buttermilk and the potatoes tasted like potatoes. I could taste each ingredient. Even the decaf coffee was delicious. The atmosphere was casual and homey, and the service was very good. Can't wait to come back for dinner! Note: Whatever else you may order at brunch, do be sure to get a side of the home-baked muffins or scones to get the full experience.
Best in Heights
By ETHinHeights on 10/28/2009
Don't eat here -- I like keeping it the way it is. In all fairness though, this is the best place in the Heights (North). Great locals, solid food, and a nice wine list.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Columbia Tells Student He’s Done Running That Restaurant in His Dorm Room
- Kings County Distillery’s Tasting Room Opens Tonight With Whiskey Pops, Manhattans, and More
- Designer Danielle Snyder Chases Dover Sole With Twizzlers
- Pizzeria Debuts Trump Pizza, Sliced Small for People With Tiny Fingers
- Donald Trump Celebrates Cinco de Mayo With ‘the Best Taco Bowls’