All Reader Reviews of...
138 W. 10th St., New York, NY, 10014
nr. Greenwich Ave.
THE REAL DEAL
By dudleylawrence on 5/17/2011
More over Starbucks, this is the one! Trust me when I tell you that you have not had coffee until you visit Jack's. This is the real thing and will leave you craving a second cup. I travel from Bay Ridge to the Village every Saturday morning and this is one of the highlights of the trip! Relaxed and friendly atmosphere like the village itself. Try the Stella, I guarantee you'll be hooked.
Love this place!
By jwatson on 5/8/2007
My friend and I have searched high and low (well, at least all over Manhattan) for the perfect iced cappuccino and Jack's is the best. Jack's coffee is so good that all other coffee tastes weak, watered down or worse, bitter. When I must leave Manhattan I litererally crave Jack's coffee. I get severe headaches and irritable.....so then I must go and drink (egads) redeyes from Charbucks just to make the headache go away. Yes, Jack's Stir Brew is the best coffee in NYC.
By vermagic on 9/19/2005
I'd heard about Jack's from a business associate - then did a little online research which further piqued my interest. After a rather long search wandering around the village and asking strangers and sidewalk sitters, my companion and I found Jacks. All I can say is - believe the hype. We had 2 iced coffees and 2 carrot cake muffin like creations. The coffee was smooth while full-bodied and all was served with a huge smile and genuine concern for how we liked it prepared - mine had a little half and half, my friend went for some milk and sugar syrup in his. After tasting it - he concluded that it would have been fine without the sugar. The pastries were delightful - not too sweet and very fresh. The atmosphere is perfect coffee-house - relaxed, yet never boring. Families mingled with village people. Jack is a doll. He's created something Starbucks can never duplicate - an authentic and personalized experience. I cant wait to return.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu