All Reader Reviews of...
101 Second Ave., New York, NY, 10003
nr. 6th St.
By Barn on 12/3/2004
Not locals, but live in a pretty fair restaurant city (SF). Jack's surpassed my high expectations. From the tasting menu, a few bites from the raw platter was possibly the best oyster taste I have ever had. My only wish was that there had been a single meat dish to round things out a bit, but all in all -- wonderful food, in a unique space, with warm, excellent service. Try a black velvet as a nice aperitif. Upstairs in tiny, indeed. If there is even one person being overly loud, or otherwise disruptive, it could have an impact on your experience, but take the chance.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu