All Reader Reviews of...
185 Columbus Ave., New York, NY, 10023
nr. 69th St.
Great fish tacos and chilaquiles
By Jetstar on 1/11/2013
I personally really enjoy JalapeÃ±o - as a California transplant living around the corner from this spot, I much prefer it to Harry's as a reasonable place to get Mexican on the UWS. The chilaquilesI with green sauce for brunch have a wonderful and tangy/spicy/creamy thing going on. I usually eat all of them and don't bitter too much with the scrambled eggs that come on the side. Admittedly, I haven't tried e pork chops of some of the other more flashy dishes because I'm quite content with my fish tacos and on occasion, the ceviche. Give it a whirl and stick to the basics- they do them well!
By mitchellk on 3/18/2012
Simply, the food is not good. Maybe their tacos/burritos are better than what we had, but then they are just a common joint, not a real restaurant like they pretend to be. The guacamole tasted like it came from a package, the "warm chips with spice" were not warm and had Old Bay dumped on them, and the beans looked like a can of refried. The descriptions on the menu sound great, but nothing vaguely resembled these claims. The pork shank was not crispy on the outside, and very tough on the inside - definitely not "fork tender" - and the chicken was barely edible. Even the rice was a poor showing. The seating is terrible too, the diners next to you are literally part of your dining experience. Don't waste your money.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu