All Reader Reviews of...
605 Carlton Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11238
nr. St. Marks Ave.
ONLY ONE THING WRONG WITH JAMES
By peter.foges on 3/23/2016
Nice -- as all reviews say -- but with a nightmare manager. A woman with issues. Beware!
Quaint little corner find in Brooklyn
By dorr on 5/25/2009
Nice little corner space, very charming, cozy yet informal. Service was very attentive and the overall food was quite good. We started with oysters and scallops - the oysters were divine, the scallops were good enough. The hamburger on a sweet brioche bun was absolutely delicious. The salmon with leeks and mushrooms - would have liked a lot less salmon and a lot more of the leeks and mushrooms because there were excellent as was a side of beans and ramps. They clearly have a great handle on the vegetables - would have liked to have more... The pasta special seemed a bit light in portion but otherwise quite tasty. The desert of lemon pound cake with blueberry ice cream - great idea, the cake was very rich but good with an ice cream portion far too small to balance it. Serviceable wine list - with the usual hits. Will definitely return and would recommend to friends.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Salad Chain Literally Everyone’s Obsessed With Bans Bacon and Sriracha From Its Menus
- Lin-Manuel Miranda â€‹Finally Got His Sardi’s Portrait
- Dairy Queen Gives America ‘Ultimate Frappé’ Coffee Drinks
- GQ’s ‘12 Best New Restaurants of 2016’ Includes Wildair, Untitled, and Mimi
- Olmsted, From 3 Atera Alumni, Opens in Prospect Heights Tonight