All Reader Reviews of...
172 Waverly Pl., New York, NY, 10014
at Christopher St.
not worth...besides the raw bar
By aschmid00 on 8/6/2012
went there on sunday august 5th 2012 and got oysters, ceviche, the lobster pasta and steamed mussels/oysters with pork sausage and veggies. the waiters are really slow and it took good 15mins after putting in the order to get the drinks. the starters arrived another 15mins later. they were pretty good but there is nothing cooked with oysters and ceviche. the lobster pasta was a huge and bland and not worth 38$ specially because the pasta was not homemade, the lobster was tasteless and the sauce was not right in combination with the lobster. the seasoning for the steamed mussels/oysters was completely off and way too intense for a shelfish dish... i was not happy at all. the drinks were good but a little too expensive.
Well done - all the way around
By foodie4life on 8/7/2011
Went on Saturday night and the host was super friendly and helpful. We wanted to hang at the bar for drinks before eating and the vibe was good. Very eclectic play list which I liked. The Nightshade cocktail was tasty. Was offered a table about 1/2 later and settled in. Had my eye on the Lobster Spaghetti and the server agreed it's worth the $36 for the 1 1/2 lb lobster with spaghetti, tarragon and a parmesan crisp. The Tuna Poke appetizer was good and the spaghetti did not disappoint. All around - great service, wonderful neighborhood feel and good vibe. We will definitely be back. This is a stellar example of a great neighborhood place worth venturing to.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month
- Scientists May Have Discovered a Way to Keep Bananas Fresh at Least Twice As Long
- New York Accuses Domino’s of Helping Franchisees Steal Workers’ Wages