All Reader Reviews of...
43 E. 7th St., New York, NY, 10003
nr. Second Ave.
Fourth stop on the Debauchery trail!!
By LaDawson on 1/3/2007
Jimmy's is an excellent jewel I am glad we happened upon. The beef stew was excellent! The cuisine is made all the more flavorful by substituting beer for water in the cooking process. The bread that we were given to accompany the stew was warm, dense, and delicious. The bartender was very friendly, service excellent, the lighting created a wonderful ambiance, and the selection of beers will never bore you. Any place that has a Chocolate Stout and St. Barnabus on tap is my kind of place. I am already planning another trip there, this time with more friends to share the fun.
Love this place
By kdka29 on 5/16/2007
I've never had anything but a great time here. Good food, good beer, nice atmosphere. No pretense.
Decent food, terrible portions
By robnyc on 3/15/2008
You've got to be kidding. Thought we were headed for something great, based on previous recommendations-- instead, found ourselves paying through the nose for decent food, but served in the smallest portions imaginable. For close to $20, the entrees were hardly more than a mouthful. Ditto for a sorry $12 cheese plate, which had barely a morsel of cheese. Come on, guys-- it's a dark little bar-- and cute at that, but if you're going to charge inflated prices (and hold onto customers), respect us enough to serve dishes that won't send us home feeling hungry. Disappointing.
"Jimmy's : I want to keep comin' back for more!"
By LovinFood on 3/6/2009
You know those little "gems" that, if you're lucky, you'll find while living in New York? Well, Jimmy's is one of those gems, well worth getting to know. With a creative vibe, home-style yet sophisticated yumminess, great selection of beers and wines, and good people who you see, who keep coming back... even though I moved out of town, whenever i come to the City now, I want to keep coming back to Jimmy's: for more, and more and more underground goodness.
best beer sausages
By smsfood on 11/1/2009
best beer sausages, friendly, great for us and our kid
Good selection of Beers and great food.
By brucepsquirrel on 1/7/2011
We decided to eat here since we were going to see a performance downstairs. I ordered their pulled pork sandwich, which was full of great flavor. I also tried one of the high ABV beers which was very satisfying. It can get very busy and may affect the service slightly but overall I would recommend this place. - Bruce P. Squirrel
By lambchops on 8/19/2011
I had duck and it was cooked so nicely and juicy -- not greasy at all. And then of course, my man and I ate 3 orders of the beer sausage. Just. Couldn't. Stop. So good! I also appreciated the hostess who found us seats at the packed bar and seemed to navigate the craziness of the crowds quite well.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s