- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
1240 Sixth Ave., New York, NY, 10020
at 49th St.
This cozy warm restaurant is the perfect spot to indulge yourself
By ruggie2 on 1/1/2006
I loved this restaurant. It combines the warmth of a small restaurant with the chic upscale feel of a larger establishment. The menu offered wonderful food combinations and the staff was always close by. We sat by the window on a cold November day. The white wine and flavorful roasted squash soup are almost as memorable as the devine the yummy rasberry tart. If you have the time and you love interesting food combinations, I highly suggest you indulge yourself and try this restaurant.
By Ravioli on 2/9/2004
Bringin my chica there on VDay.... Going to pop the question. Hope she says yes. I love the food here and the service is great. Wish me luck.
Overrated! An expensive place for what you get
By Donaldport on 7/16/2003
Perhaps if the waiter would have been more alert on why we were not eating our dinner, Citarella would have got a better review from me, The fish while nicely presented, was raw and had to be send back, tasted only ok after returned back to the table; The risotto totally flavorless, a shame since even the "exotic" mushrooms did not have any taste. We were offered and apology but not an incentive to give them another try. Such a great space, pitty the food is not to the standarts.
By adam on 6/9/2003
More than grilled fish. This beautiful little restaurant in the middle of Midtown offers delicious but costly seafood.
All Over Awesome
By WebDeb on 4/2/2003
This restaurant is wins the gold from all the senses; you eat like royalty, and get treated like it, too. The 12 vanilla bean dessert is orgasmically delicious; Bill Yosses and Brian Bingstrom definitely outdo themselves on all fronts.
By myra on 2/1/2003
Everything was wonderful, from the moment we stepped into the restaurant... We were seated promptly...our waiter came over and explained the menu and we asked for suggestions...and he was very gracious and attentive...the food was outrageous! We had the tuna appetizer and the lobster dinner. Everything was superb. I would go back again and again.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu