All Reader Reviews of...
565 Third Ave., New York, NY, 10016
at 37th St.
Scrumptious Food vs Listless Staff
By popink on 2/24/2011
The food is fresh and seasoned well. It comes out smelling & looking delicious. Of course that's when you can get your order taken or the food delivered or order dessert or even get the bill. The staff is pitiful at Murray Hill. It's almost painful to go and eat. Unfortunately, I keep punishing myself because of the wonderful food.
Yup, pretty awful place to go to eat at.
By jonny55 on 3/26/2009
Only go here if you want good food and don't care if you have rude, inconsiderate wait staff, and have to wait about 3-4 hours for super small portions of way over priced food. The food would have been a 10 but I had to send it back about 4 freaking times b/c the wait staff was soo slow to bring it out. I would recommend firing all staff except for head chef and hire new, otherwise won't see me in there again.
Great Quality, Fabulous Presentation
By SashaMinko on 2/11/2009
Although the decor is sort of upbeat/confused/blah, the food at Josie's is fabulous. Josie's caters to people with dairy issues, so most of the items on the menu have no dairy, but you can't tell that anything is missing from the food. It is rare to find a place that offers healthy food that tastes great and looks fabulous. I went to Josie's for lunch and had the "The chefs special" that had a little bit of everything. The prices were reasonable - $10-20 for lunch pp
By Clemence on 12/9/2008
Polite and very nice waiters will serve you an imaginative tasty and wholesome food. The Pan Seared Spicy Black Bean Dumplings went well with the mango sauce. Special mention for the entree that I really really liked : Shrimp " Un-fried" Organic Brown Rice. I will go back there.
Great food, but not the most attentive staff
By nychic529 on 6/5/2008
I was there was a group of about 8, and I don't know if it was because they were guaranteed a 20% tip or not, but the service was not as good as it usually is. They forgot my food, and forgot another side dish, and it was very difficult having to flag someone down for extra bread, more water, or anything else. And once we did get someone's attention, it took a long time for anything to get done. The staff definitely did not deserve that 20% tip. But, the food was, as usual, very good. I would absolutely go back, just not with a large group.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu