All Reader Reviews of...
109 E. 42nd St., Lower Dining Concourse, New York, NY, 10036
at Lexington Ave.
Great although the Brooklyn one is better
By bc961 on 3/24/2010
So, I decided to write a comment because the previous person was a vegetarian who didn't like cheesecake, so I thought their review almost shouldn't count. I've been to the original Brooklyn Junior's many times, and this midtown one is enjoyable too, and it's conveniently around many Broadway shows. The purpose of going to Junior's would probably be for 1. the cheesecake 2. the pastrami/meat sandwiches. It's usually pretty busy since it's in midtown, but I believe it's worth it.
Okay but not great
By sdw25 on 2/18/2009
I wish I were a fan of cheesecake, because I've heard it's fantastic here. The food I ate wasn't fantastic by any means, but it wasn't horrible either. Our waiter was pleasant and attentive, although the service was very slow. We were also there at a very busy time - 11:15 on a Sunday morning - and there was a wait by the time we were seated. The dill pickles and pickled beets they give you to eat while waiting for your food are quite unusual, but unique. There was a large selection of sandwiches (some very unique) on the menu, but I'm a vegetarian and there were few vegetarian sandwich choices. I settled for a salad and onion soup, which wasn't great but it was good. My boyfriend's hamburger and fries were greasy and subpar. However, we didn't have a horrible experience here. I probably wouldn't return, only because it wasn't one of my favorite places and I had a limited selection of vegetarian items. For people who eat meat, the menu would probably be more appealing.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Starbucks Introduces Nitrogen-Infused Cold Brew, Just Wants to Be One of the Cool Kids
- ‘Renegade’ Ice-Cream Trucks Terrorizing Mister Softee Drivers
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member