- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
42-51 Main St., Queens, NY, 11355
nr. Franklin Ave.
food is good but prices killing
By yasirbutt on 6/24/2011
i really like the food fresh food quality is good good service good staff the only reason i dont like that place because they are expensive i dont understand why they charge alot of money for service charges plus you alsp pay tex simple example if you spend $100 your bill gonna be after taxes and servie charge almost $135 i understand tax if you calculate taxes in nys it should be %8.75 what i know may be i am wrong so if you spend for food $100 simple math your bill should be $108.75 after tax why would i pay extra thats why i wouldnt like to go again that place because of charges again about the quality of the food staff & service perfect but prices killing the customers
The Best Afghan restaurant
By DavidRaman on 8/4/2009
We reached there at one of the busy night, we stood on the line. The manager of the place( the Gentleman with the glass) was busy on calling one- by -one as seats were available. We we were impressed by his passion and dedication even on those busy and crazy night. as soon as seat was ready, he called us to have a seat. According to his suggestion ,we took sambossa, hommus and chicken kababs. food was delicious. We were again thankful for the manager who recommended such a delisious items even at that busy night. he was passing by several times asking us ..everything was all right ! despite his tense job, the restaurant manager was excellent so as the mouthwatering foods. we will definitely back. I would say it -one of the best afghan Restaurant. DAVID RAMAN, Flushing
Great food, great service
By QueensGirl1214 on 12/28/2008
When I went here, I was a little apprehensive because I'm a vegetarian, but it was well worth breaking the habit to get some lamb kebabs. The food was excellent- even the rice was somehow better than usual. What really put it over the top for me was the rose ice cream for desert. AWESOME. Living in Flushing, I've gotten used to crappy service, but the people there were so nice. I would definatly recommend it. Also, the eggplant appetizer was FANTASTIC.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu