All Reader Reviews of...
125 E. 39th St., New York, NY, 10016
nr. Lexington Ave.
Good if you like gelatinous substances.
By Lcooper on 7/17/2013
This is over-priced new york nonsense and I'm a new yorker who typically likes that stuff. I have never had a meal that I enjoyed as little as this one. If you like very expensive gelatinous substances artfully positioned on a plate, this is the place for you. If you like modern art, like white canvases with one shade of white paint, this is the place for you. If you like pretentious expensive stuff because it is pretentious and expensive, this would also be the place for you. If you like Japanese food, go to Sushi Yasuda. If you like vegan food, go to Peace Food Cafe. All I can say is Puke. Summer, 2013.
Kajitsu: A Great Gift to the People of NY
By mmathieu on 3/10/2012
I generally write reviews after several experiences in an establishment but I am making an exception in this case. As a vegetarian and lover of Japanese food, I had high expectations for Kajitsu yet my expectations were exceeded by the excellent sourcing of ingredients prepared elegantly with pure but not excessive flavor. We enjoyed the four-course tasting menu and added a fifth course of soba noodles. Every course was a treat, so much so that we simply could not pick a favorite, as is often the case with tasting menus. Our very helpful server helped us select an excellent sake with which to accompany our meal. If I lived in or near NYC, I would be a regular customer. Even though I am five hours away, I am planning my next visit as surprise for my daughter who will graduate from college this Spring, 2012.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- 12 Session Beers That Are Perfect for Summer Guzzling
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument