All Reader Reviews of...
175 Second Ave., New York, NY, 10003
at 11th St.
just as good as Iso's!
By cpwmommy on 7/4/2004
so happy that some Iso chefs decided to open up Koi! the fish is of the same reliably good quality. the prices are definitely reasonable. the new wait staff is friendly. the sea eel, salmon and yellowtail are mouth-watering. the decor is even nicer than before. this is by far the best sushi in New York City. run by real Japanese chefs, not Chinese owners who think they can pull off sushi. it's never good quality fish, and hey I'm Chinese. Thank goodness for Koi!
By ywwan on 11/12/2005
I was devastated when ISO closed down. Needless to say, I was delighted to discover it has been reborn as Kanoyama. Some describe it as Nobu on a budget - I wouldn't go that far but I love this place for the sushi and sashimi. It is by far the best value you can find in the city for such high quality, fresh raw fish. Even the raw shrimp is sweet, succulent and just the right texture - to me, the true measure of the overall freshness of the fish. The miso cod is also excellent and the menu has a good selection of appetizers and other dishes but for me its all about the raw fish. Like Iso, it gets crowded and noisy and if you go after 8pm, you have to wait. Its worth it - wish they deliver!!!
My new favorite
By washingtonpl on 1/3/2011
There are a few authentic and afordable sushi spots in the city and this is certainly one of them! I would absolutely take Japanese friends here and they'd love it!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu