All Reader Reviews of...
205 E. Houston St., New York, NY, 10002
at Ludlow St.
didn't live up to its hype.
By milic13 on 4/25/2005
the sandwiches were a little pricey for the size, which was lacking. pretty disappointing. we won't be coming back.
TO DIE FOR PASTRAMI!
By jsposeep on 3/28/2005
The subject line says it all. The pastrami sandwhich is worth the $14. Get the potato pancakes with sour cream as well!!!! Wash it down with a Brown's cream soda. You will think you have gone to heaven.
The best deli.....EVER!
By Upstater87North on 3/3/2005
Katz's is a place to go if you want the biggest pastrami sandwiches you have ever seen. Just don't forget to tip your meat man-- otherwise you will get a smaller portion! While it can be intimidating to the rookie customer, it is well worth it. Gotta love the turnstile, too. It doesn't get any more NY than this.
Bring on the schmaltz.
By dramallama on 11/22/2004
Even though I didn't have what Meg Ryan was having,(ah well) my lunch at Katz's was great. Not that much to look at, save the innumerable photos of visiting dignitaries, but the food is a dieter's nightmare and a deli-lover's dream come true. One important note: Katz's is Kosher-STYLE, not Kosher, so do not bring any observant family members or friends there.
By adventuresinamerica on 5/26/2004
I took a bus load of jr. high students and their parents to Katz's deli on a Monday Night. Being from Ohio, we are very new to the deli life. The guys behind the counter were the nicest guys you could ask for. They were patient with the kids, helped them order, laughed and joked with them, posed for pictures, and made the trip a very memorable one. One thing to note for visitors, CASH ONLY, potato pancakes beat grandma's...
It rocks! If u knw what ur doing
By FloridaLOVESny on 3/23/2004
Katz's is a great place to dine, but be sure to know where to go and order, and DONT LOSE UR TICKET! LOL. luckily, we went with some New Yorkers so we kinda knew what to do but it was still confusing. the food was good, the people were friendly and it was just a great experience.
Bill Clinton Ate Here(Among Other Places)
By adsong on 6/24/2003
Clinton, and Billy Crystal- Meg Ryan (In their famous orgasmic scene in "When Harry Met Sally" ate here,I ate here. Its one of New York's oldest and best. Kosher stuff.Great stuff.Corned Beef,Pastrami,Brisket,on Rye.Tin ceilings,strong stomachs.Try it.. You'll like it.And so will your wallet!.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Restaurateur Jailed for Serving Cheap Curry That Killed a Customer
- There’s Now a Restaurant on a Floating Barge in Greenpoint
- New York Times Demands Sheeple Wake Up and Quit Worshipping Breakfast
- Bourdain and Obama Chilled Over Noodles and Beer in Vietnam
- Beyond Meat Debuts Its First ‘Fresh’ Veggie Burger at Whole Foods