All Reader Reviews of...
505 Columbus Ave., New York, NY, 10024
nr. 84th St.
One of the most overrated places in NYC
By foodielover on 12/2/2008
This is definitely one of the most overrated places in NYC. The food is not good. This is supposed to be Greek food? I have eaten Greek food at a ton of great restaurants and I've been to Greece, and Kefi's food is not authentic at all. And the prices are way too high for what you get. My dining companion (who has also been to Greece) was also very disappointed. Although I live in the UWS, I will travel to other parts of NYC when I crave Greek food.
Neat flavors at a reasonable price
By Noodles on 2/19/2008
Three of us went to dinner last night. Overall I enjoyed the flavors and the fresher take on Greek classics than you can typically find. Value was very good. I enjoyed the glass of Greek red I tried. Calamari app was especially light and crispy, with a bonus of fried chickpeas. Warm feta had tasty olives and capers and was fun to share. The Branzino entree was very nicely cooked, crispy and dusted with spices. Shrimp were plump and tasty but the orzo wasn't anything to write home about. Noodles with rabbit were tasty if not orgasmic. For dessert we had the walnut cake and the pear, they were OK but didn't knock our socks off. Ice creams were good. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable. At 5:00 the place was only 25% full so we weren't rushed. We'll return to try more appetizers and wines, and maybe some of the other fish and lamb dishes. Clientele was mostly folks 35-70, and there were some kids. $85 bill for 3 included 2 apps, 3 entrees, 2 desserts, teas, 1 glass of wine. It's like Restaurant Week 24/7.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Ana Gasteyer Loves a Good Mint Julep
- Starbucks New ‘Secret’ Drink Is a Ghastly Purple Nightmare
- World’s Worst Customer Injures Himself and 4 Others After Accidentally Firing His Gun at a Restaurant
- A Chef Explains Why He’s Suddenly Closing His Much-Loved Brooklyn Restaurant
- More Whole Foods Products Recalled Over Food-Safety Fears