- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
219 DeKalb Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11205
By laurenjwills on 7/12/2012
I've lived in the neighborhood for the better half of a decade now and love Kif everytime more. I had a birthday party of about 20 people, which was phenomenal and so fun. The staff is great and the food is more delicious every time. Best hummas and pita hands down. The atmosphere of the back room is great and you can't beat the outdoor space.
Love their garden and atmosphere!!! i forgot i was in NYC the whole time i was there...
By aurorailp on 5/3/2010
I went there for an early dinner on a Saturday evening and we were lucky enough to come right before the place got packed. We had a lovely corner table next to a Moroccan lamp. We ordered the chicken samosas and the hummus to start and then i had a the lamb shank tagine and my friend ordered the salmon. Both were absolutely cooked to perfection. We decided to share a desert and had the mixed berries and that was fabulous. At first i thought i wouldn't be impressed... after all mixed berries is just that... but no! It came with a wonderful cream that tasted like grand marnier with some tiny fresh mint leaves and a piece of honeycomb in the middle which i found absolutely delicious... so we actually ordered another one! The service was super friendly and the staff is a mix of nice international people with cute accents. We got our food really fast and were overall really impressed. So we'll come again.
A fabulous find
By Naureen on 3/18/2009
Though the service has at times been a little slow, it has always been thoroughly charming, as is the place and its owner. You can get a real tagine, slow cooked and tender,, their dips are great as is the atmosphere. Rather than uber kitsch, it delivers a real comfortable experience with great food to highlight it. Their space in the back is a great private party spot if you wanted. Kif is always a good idea!
Delicious & fun
By vhny on 8/9/2008
I live in Ft Greene & have been to Kif several times now, each time better than the previous. Their appetizers are the best. Each time I go w/friends we order a bunch of them to share & are always satisfied. Esp. good are the spinach yogurt cigars, chicken briouats, yam fries, falafel w/ harissa mayo, chicken pastilla and the merguez. Their specials are also great. Last time I had their mussels w/ harissa which were probably the best mussels I've ever had (and I've been to Belgium). They also have delicious, yet pricey, cocktails -- try the one with fresh muddles grapes (the name escapes me). Add to that a lovely decor and garden, reasonable prices & friendly wait staff, and you've got a gem of a restaurant. Definitely one of my new favorites in Brooklyn.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Supreme Court Won’t Stand in the Way of Seattle’s $15 Minimum Wage
- Congress Introduced a Bill to Keep Journalists From Snooping Around Big Food
- A Farming Cartoonist Was Fired for Joking About Big Agriculture
- Why This Leading London Chef Feels Energized by New York Kitchens
- Oxford Student Refuses to Tip Server Because She’s White