All Reader Reviews of...
1272 Amsterdam Ave., New York, NY, 10027
nr. 123rd St.
Overpriced, hit or miss food
By diner3586 on 4/16/2007
First of all, the baked goods in front are terrible. The cakes and pastries are almost universally hard, dry, and stale-tasting. The food in general is very overpriced. I've had my food come to me cold, overcooked, undercooked, and just awful. I do have to say that the fresh orange juice is very good, and the granola is excellent- toasted, nutty, crunchy, and not too sweet. Otherwise, I'd say skip this place altogether. The decor is cute, but the tables are very crowded together. Service can be quite slow, especially during brunch.
Better than dorm food? Nah.
By tropicatomica on 4/8/2007
Columbia students may be brats, but even they deserve better. Kitchenette is ludicrously overpriced slop that has almost no redeeming features. The potatoes are undercooked, the biscuits are dry. From what I gather, people go here because there's no place else around. Double digits for awful mac and cheese? I don't think so-- though some of the desserts are OK, if overpriced. Do yourself a favor: walk over to the soul food spot at 125th and Morningside instead.
love love love
By lionbreeder on 10/12/2006
I escape to kitchenette for a warm meal and some comfort food that i really cant find anywhere else--Pancakes, eggs, sausage, omelettes-- im in love and I never leave with out a piece of berry pie...simply heaven
By lzelaya on 4/23/2005
I went to this restaurant a second time because I figured that sometimes people make mistakes. I know, I'm in the food business myself. But, this dump is just terrible; from rock hard old turkey sausages, to greasy eggs, and just fowl tasting food. I feel very confused why people go to this place now. Maybe because there is nothing else in that neighborhood. And even though Max is next door, the coffee is just as bad as kitchenette. me
Horrible Delivery Service Eradicates Quality of Food
By Walter on 10/16/2004
In an attempt to have a wonderful Saturday morning in bed with my girlfriend, I relied on the delivery service of Kitchenette Uptown. This popular Columbia-area eatery is known more for their sweets and breakfasts than anything else, and I thought pancakes in bed would be a great option. After an hour and a half wait, I was told the delivery boy could not find the address and returned to the restaurant. I was assured the breakfast was remade (by this time undoubtedly cold) and would be sent off again. It wasn't. Our food arrived cold and late. Perhaps one should only visit Kitchenette in person, or not at all. Particularly because I was assured by a manager that the food would be remade, I am disappointed with the service. I would not recommend this establishment.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- 12 Session Beers That Are Perfect for Summer Guzzling
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument