All Reader Reviews of...
60 Thompson St., New York, NY, 10012
nr. Broome St.
By Lefty on 8/25/2004
High as in price, high as in fabulous food. We were not surprised at the price of dinner in a hotel restaurant and the quality of the cooking lived up to and exceeded our expectations. The fact that the food and drinks took forever to arrive was probably due to the packed dining room on a Saturday night. The waiters were very knowledgeable in regards to the detailed menu. The room was unique and sensuous, dimmly lit with a beautiful pool containing flowers floating across the surface. We ordered more appetizers than we needed, since they all sounded so good. They were!!! Main courses were delicious as well, thankfully our table of four shared everything that was ordered. Desserts were good, not great. Maybe we were so overwhelmed by all the great food we had consumed, that we expected perfection in every bite.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu