All Reader Reviews of...
8 Extra Pl., New York, NY, 10003
nr. E. 1st St.
MOMOFUKU KO- ALL HYPE- NO ACTION
By sockster on 11/24/2008
10 small courses presented by three dour chef/servers who could care less about what you think of their food. Matched with decent overpriced wine pairings, this restaurant leaves you hungry when you leave; unless you like a dinner of fat, and butter (which fills you up), and nothing much more Biggest dissapointment for me in a new restaurant in my 30+ years eating in NYC. GO ELSEWHERE! You've been warned. BTW, the four people sitting around us all agreed. WHY BOTHER!!
By bridgitbrobbey on 9/1/2009
the food is so delicious
Started well let down by service
By nickyebradbury on 2/1/2011
The evening started great and the initial courses were divine. Whilst the later dishes were not to my taste my husband loved it all. The service however was a big disappoinment. Having experienced fantastic service in every other NY restaurant we went to during our 4 day trip I couldn't believe the rudeness and arrogance of our waiter. Having spent over $500 for dinner I would have expected nothing to have been too much trouble however asking for a serviette seemed to throw him over the edge. The whole food and drink combination was quite an experience but the front of house element with the too cool for school attitude is a little bit dated and not quite as forward thinking as the food element.
Great food + abysmal service
By pmelton on 11/8/2011
The food here was, indeed, remarkable. The service, however, was apathetic to the point of offense. Two of the three chefs seemed put upon to actually have to _serve_ their guests, and none of the staff showed any interest in dealing with a particularly loud guest who seemed intent on destroying the atmosphere for everyone. When I expressed my dissatisfaction afterward, the staff's reaction was "really?!" That one might have a bad experience in David Chang's empire--and as a result of their professional negligence--was clearly unfathomable for them. The attitude seemed to be that, if you have a bad time, then you're problem. If you want to go, go SOLELY for the food and focus EXCLUSIVELY on it. Everything else about the place will just take away from the food.
By seang on 3/6/2009
really enjoyed the spot - keep up the good work.
By sjy1979 on 10/6/2011
Ok food for people who don't know where to get the originals for 1/5th the price.
Excellent food but impossible to get a table
By rhanau on 9/9/2008
Hey, Don't get me wrong! This is a great restaurant, but what does it take to get a table. Come on!
By khaous on 2/27/2009
well dinning in this delightful resturant was quite exquisite the service and food was presice and wounderfully created
By NEWYORKSHOPPING on 8/7/2009
Decor is cozy. A bit pricey but you get positively what you pay for.
By stanleystuyvesant on 11/22/2009
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s