All Reader Reviews of...
844 Amsterdam Ave., New York, NY, 10025
nr. 101st St.
By sharon519 on 3/21/2012
By chance I was with my children in the playground across the street and had to run into the restaurant to use the bathroom. It was an off time so the restaurant was empty...just the owner (I presume) and another guest. From the moment I stepped inside I felt like I left the hussel and bussel of my day (and NYC in general) and into an oasis. The owner joked that I could use the bathroom if I promised I would order food from them in the future. It looked so good I returned an hour later after we left the playground to order a to-go dish. I am sooooo glad I did. It's a tiny place and I have never noticed it before. I ordered the vegetable stew with codfish, rice and beans. Every bite was better than the next. It was one of the best dishes I have ever had. And they were so kind and patient with my kids who were waiting patiently with me. I look forward to ordering from them again.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Dizengoff, Olmsted, GÃ¼nter Seeger, and More
- A Trailblazing Chef Arrives in NYC With This Ambitious New Restaurant
- Sauvage, From the Maison Premiere Team, Debuts in Greenpoint