All Reader Reviews of...
114 Kenmare St., New York, NY, 10012
at Lafayette St.
Violent bouncers. Women Beware.
By bocephus on 10/9/2006
My partner and I, completely sober and drug-free, had had a wonderful meal upstairs, it was our first time there. We then walked downstairs to check out the bar before going home. She's a scientist with a PhD and I'm a writer--hardly a menacing pair. We were then assaulted by the security staff--literally shoved to the floor, dragged up flights of stairs, lit cigarettes tossed in our faces after we were on the sidewalk. Then the doorman pursued us onto the sidewalk and continued smacking us around when I started taking photos of them. We are pursuing legal action. BOYCOTT THIS BAR. For more info see http://www.brain-on-fire.com/laesquina .
Good food - LONG WAIT & BAD SERVICE
By kimbyj on 1/22/2006
The food is good and cheap but reservations are worthless. The service SUCKS in the WORST WAY. They have gotten the NYC attitude - unwarranted! Service is slow and RUDE!!! Food really is tasy though!
La Nothing Special
By Susin on 8/27/2005
I heard so much about how cool it was to be taken through the Employee's Only entrance into a dimly lit underground cavelike rest. So, uh yea, it was cool for about the 60 seconds it took to walk through the kitchen into the main restaurant. I think I even said "oh, how cool" but that faded FAST. The Sangria was disgusting! One sip made me pucker up instantly and try not to spit it out. ALL my guests had the same reaction. The manager came out and apologized saying they were still working on their recipe and that this was not the first time. The nerve! For $30 and a super small pitcher of junk juice...Please experiment on your own time and dime! The menu was sparse, barely anything to choose from. One section of the menu, seemingly the best part was not valid. We were asked to ignore that section! There were 3 main dishes to choose from, ridiculous! Trust me, this is not worth it!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu