All Reader Reviews of...
501 Third Ave., New York, NY, 10016
nr. 33rd St.
By mestre on 10/7/2010
Went with my family during the holidays, all of us (8) loved the food. The seafood purse is the most creative delicious appetizer I have ever had. Entrees such as Orata & Fettuccine with black truffles were excellent. Dessert is also highly recommended.
This is just a good place to eat
By jerrynet on 1/21/2010
I have been eating here for years. It is just a pleasant place to eat. I eat out constantly and pick restaurants for specific dishes. I enjoy their Bolognese sauce and will go there when the flavor pops into my mind. They remember you as a regular customer and make you feel like you want to be there. The bread is great, everything is fresh and carefully prepared. This place is perfect, especially for those of us who eat to break away from a long work day then want to go back to work refreshed.
By feldi3 on 6/9/2009
I LOVE the food here. The bread is delicious (served with great olive oil), the salads are amazing, and the gnocchi is TO DIE FOR. Overall, I think this is a great spot for an easy, reasonable meal in Murray Hill.
By cmarine on 4/6/2008
This is a baaaad restaurant. Let's cut to the chase, I ordered the beef special. I'm sorry I can't remember the name, but trust me, it is not worth remembering. In fact I'm going to do my best to forget. Paper thin slices of skirt steak topped with basically raw prosciutto, (I understand exactly how prosciutto should look and taste), slices of barely melted smoked guoda(?) in a brown disgusting mystery sauce, I have no idea what they were thinking. Even my mixed green salad was terrible. Balsamic Vinaigrette? There was absolutely no Balsamic in the dressing. My wife had the snapper, in a similar brown mystery sauce. Mostly grey, mushy, really, really bad. The whole meal was insulting to anybody who has the standards of anything less than TGI Fridays on an off night. AND it was expensive. The nerve. DO NOT GO HERE.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Pizzeria Debuts Trump Pizza, Sliced Small for People With Tiny Fingers
- Donald Trump Celebrates Cinco de Mayo With ‘the Best Taco Bowls’
- New York Times Getting Into the Business of Delivering Food to People’s Homes
- The Metrograph Movie House Serves Steak Tartare at Its Commissary
- Jewish Leader Accuses Michelin of Being Anti-Semitic