All Reader Reviews of...
226 E. 53rd St., New York, NY, 10022
nr. Third Ave.
Former NYer...In City On Business..Great Dining Experience!!
By gsmith3286 on 2/15/2009
I am a former NYer who comes to the City 3-4 times a year from Dallas for business and a food fix. For me..so little time and so many choices. Well ..this time I wanted Italian...this place is OUTSTANDING in terms of value, service and quality of food. Had mussels, black fettichini "seafood special" /w shrimp, scallops, glass of italian wine and cappacino..under $50.. NYers, you have a gem here!
Friendly unfussy gracious Italian in Midtown
By youngfogey on 11/4/2005
The perfect place to catch up with an old friend without straining your budget. The staff won't rush you, the food is just right (the lemony mussels a delicious appetizer), and the Mona Lisa theme is subtle (and, in the bathroom, funny). The service is welcoming, efficient, and unobtrusive (no small trick in a small room). So nice to have found a Midtown restaurant where you're not paying extra for noise, showiness, or hype.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat â€‹Right Now
- CafÃ© Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’