All Reader Reviews of...
11 Madison Ave., New York, NY, 10010
nr. 25th St.
Tepid at Best
By kelleyblevins on 11/16/2011
Disappointing. Nuela has much better ceviche.
What a shame!
By NYCfoody on 3/19/2012
After eating at the La Mar in Bogota recently and loving it, I had very high hopes for this location in Flatiron, but I have to say I was disappointed overall by comparison. The food is legitimately good here, no doubt: the fish is super fresh and the preparation is flavorful. But for what they are charging the portions should be twice the size (or half the price). Add to that a horrible decor, pitiful acoustics, and totally incompetent service (we waited 10 minutes after we sat down for a menu and an equally excessive amount of time to get our check and the place was half full) and I wouldn't come back here. I really wanted to like this place and thought I would after trying the Bogota outpost, but overall it's just not worth the money. You'd be better off going to Pio Pio in Hell's Kitchen for good Peruvian food at a fair price with excellent service.
By rosemarce on 11/17/2011
TERRIFIC! Peruvian food has yet to be discovered in all its glory. This place has AMAZING food, varied, experimental. The fish is divine but don't miss the beef (anticuchos). The portions are good and the service is strong. The Pisco they chose for the Pisco Sours is smoother than most, a great introduction to a drink that can sometimes be sharp. Try the Cuasa, DON"t skip dessert. The decor is upscale but poorly chosen, doesn't fit the place and not at all peruvian
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?
- Tony Danza’s Side Hustle Is Selling Mozzarella