All Reader Reviews of...
74-25 37th Ave., Queens, NY, 11372
nr. 75th St.
By Lynn90 on 4/30/2011
One meal, shell steak, salad, mushrooms . onions , rice and beans and WATER. Was $70.00 for Lunch. come on.
lets dine Argentine
By davifranci on 2/27/2010
Queens is a haven for S.A ex-pats and with them also came their cuisine and dining traditions. " The Locals" is the most intense of all of the that i sampled. i'm no expert on S.A in general but i know a great steak and outstanding service when i see it. i could have been in an Argentine cocina if it weren't for the fact i knew i was in Queens. my waiter took the time to explain the menu with out being a dick about it. i enjoyed everything he suggested although i could't tell you what i had other than steak, salad and sides. lucky for me everyone spoke perfect English. what i spent at lugers for dinner for one could have bought dinner for three with tip at La Portena. how do you say " i'll be back " in Spanish?
By juguemosAcantar on 8/4/2007
I went ten years ago and was very good. I went back recently and the quality continues. As argentine, it is the best restaurante I Â´ve ever been in New York... I can take children. Decoration is intense but authentic. I was taken on a date and I would definitely would take a date.
Great Food, Excellent Service
By rico69 on 10/27/2003
This is my second visit to this restaurant, i love the entrees..especially the steamed mussels...great service, treated us like special people...it is not chead, dinner for two witrh drinks @ $110.00
Great Steak, Great Service
By Chupas on 10/2/2003
From appetizers to the dessert, this place serves down-home Latin American grilled steak as if the restaurant were sitting in Manhattan.
poor man's Peter Luger
By willtraveltoeat on 4/27/2003
The food here is so good that it is the best kept secret in NY.The eegplant appetizer is most delicious as are the empanadas.My favorite steak is the skirt steak with Spanish potatos[lots of garlic] and the spinach with garlic.There is always plenty left to take home and enjoy the next day.The waiters are friendly,not all are English speaking so you have to be a little patient. Very well worth it .Have never made it to dessert because there so much else to eat.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu