All Reader Reviews of...
461 West 23rd, New York, NY, 10004
nr. Tenth Ave.
its new but...
By epsteinb on 11/6/2011
... the service was pretty poor. we had four different waiters in one night... not a good sign. and i had to send back the steak because half of it was rare and the other half was well done. pretty amateur. the pasta dishes were good but my friend got the fish, which she did not enjoy. for the price point, the restaurant is probably not worth another visit.. though its only been open for a couple weeks so im sure they need to work out the kinks.
Excellent Food, Excellent Service makes a great neighborhood gem
By italicsserif on 1/30/2012
My husband and I have eaten at La Promenade des Anglais 3 times now and each time it gets better. The wait staff is attentive and knows the menu well--recommendations have been wonderful. The food is just inventive enough with great Mediterranean flavors. My only negative was being seated for our first visit in the high top communal table by the bar--the booths are much cozier and have better acoustics. Go now!!
An exceptional experience
By PFA on 12/10/2012
Exquisite food, a menu providing ample variety, attentive service, a congenial staff, a solid wine list, engaging design, a comfortable setting -- LP consistently puts a smile on my face. It is well worth your time.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat â€‹Right Now
- CafÃ© Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’