All Reader Reviews of...
88 Ninth Ave., New York, NY, 10011
at 17th St.
Don't waste your time going to this restaurant
By missyb262 on 10/31/2004
We went to La Bottega for a nice dinner... our server came and brought our drinks we had ordered, he then took our food and wine order... we were the only people in the restuarant and I guess this should have clued us in... We did not see our waiter for the next 40 minutes and no one came to check on us. We never recieved our food and our waiter came and asked us if we would like to see a dessert menu. We proceeded to tell him we would just take the check for the drinks since we hadn't even gotten our dinner yet! He apologized and did not charge us for our drinks, but we left before any more damage could be done!! There are much better restaurants in this big city... don't waste your time here.
The scene is everything
By notel on 7/15/2004
Now I understand why the scene is so skinny. It's impossible to get served in this restaurant (if that is what you call it) A cross between an overcrowded beach and the A train platform on 42nd street when the trains are cancelled. And about the scene, I can't say it is the "A" list crowd you'll bump into. I bumped into the "Path" list crwod for the most part. Avoid at all costs>
a trip to the (new) old country
By euge on 1/29/2004
great room,great energy.i love the food and my wife can't get enough of the bronzino. she's been back 3 times for it. You must save room for dessert,especially the warm chocolate cake with ice-cream it's to die for. this place is definitely a 10.
Best New Italian in awhile
By jay725 on 1/24/2004
Simply irresistable..Food/Cute Servers/everything. Only in Naples have I had such a wonderful pizza experience. And it doen't stop there. Chicken under a brick wonderful. Beef Carpaccio to die for. You must check this place out. A far more serious restaurant than it seems.
By MichelleCortright on 1/14/2004
This place looks amazing... but looks are definitely deceiving. There needs to be a major overhaul of the service before I would consider going back. My meal - the frutti di mare salad and butternut squash ravioli - was delicious, but my friends found their meals too salty. We repeatedly were forced to ask random bus boys and servers to find our waitress and ask her to help us. It's a shame that the experience wasn't better because the restaurant has great potential.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu