All Reader Reviews of...
179 West Broadway, New York, NY, 10013
nr. Leonard St.
Drink up, friends
By kathandace on 4/24/2007
It's no secret that Landmarc is the best wine deal in town. You won't find small boutique wineries, but you'll get great wines at ridiculous prices. The food is pretty good, not amazing, but good enough. I like the fried calamari in spicy sauce, the shrimp and artichoke salad, and the salmon over ratatouille. My boyfriend always gets steak and leaves happy as a clam. And it can all be washed down with a $40 bottle that's $65 anywhere else, or a $65 bottle that's $90 anywhere else. Service is great, sweet knowledgeable servers. And most importantly they don't squeeze you in here. It's a roomy restaurant that doesn't jam you up against fellow diners. Love Landmarc. It's brilliant that they just opened up a branch in the Time Warner Center.
Got it all, can't miss...
By dmblover31 on 10/7/2006
This is one of our favorite restaurants in the city. The food is simple but great quality (mussels are to die for) without all the frills of a more "posh" restaurant. The service has always been excellent with much attention served to suggesting wines and the best food. The ambiance is relaxed, casual Tribeca but people often come in suits or dressed up. The wine list is extensive and reasonably priced...what more could you want in a restaurant?
By savvylady on 12/7/2005
This place is so cozy and low key, and good comfort food. They service was great as well.I love the dessert list, and presentation.
By kabasan on 2/8/2005
Nice space, good food, nice presentation. A little insulting when we asked for more cornichon (pickles) w/ out meat plate & they charged us for it.
By xyz on 9/17/2004
pretentious, unfriendly staff. food was lackluster - expected much more - but was very disappointed!
By RWN on 4/20/2004
Great space, great food, and a diverse menu keep us coming back for more. Friendly service just puts them over the top. It is definitely worth the trip from uptown. Choices from the basic to the more exotic satisfy all tastes. Looking forward to our next visit.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Pizzeria Debuts Trump Pizza, Sliced Small for People With Tiny Fingers
- Donald Trump Celebrates Cinco de Mayo With ‘the Best Taco Bowls’
- New York Times Getting Into the Business of Delivering Food to People’s Homes
- The Metrograph Movie House Serves Steak Tartare at Its Commissary
- Jewish Leader Accuses Michelin of Being Anti-Semitic