All Reader Reviews of...
170 W. 4th St., New York, NY, 10014
nr. Cornelia St.
Authentic Spanish craft beer at a great NYC tapas spot.
By jessica.agullo on 6/10/2015
Not only is this place cozy and romantic, the service personal and attentive, and the tapas delicious and surprisingly affordable, but it is also the ONLY place in NYC that I know of that pours 3 rotating taps of authentic Spanish craft beer all the time from one of the most impressive ice encased cobra head tap towers you will ever have the pleasure to see. The beers (sometimes including Stillwater collaboration L'Anjub Aloja) are always exceptionally good, well poured and rare. Treat yourself to some liquid that most Spaniards still don't know about. Kudos tp Las Ramblas to supporting the home team!
Tapas done right. Tiny spot with tall tables for two.
By chillinyc on 10/1/2010
A strong menu of tapas, be sure to get the specials from the waitress (she almost forgot). One special was mini shrimp and a hot creamy sauce inside a little pumpkin (calabaza en espanol). Fantastic!! Decent wine by the glass selection. A good date spot but not a first date. Unless the girl is really cool. If she's higher maintenance, go to Alta first.
Worth A Visit
By Mercy on 1/3/2010
Have stopped in here various times after off-broadway shows. Like the exposed brick and cozy feel! Tapas was tasty and service is timely and friendly enough! The sangria isn't half-bad either.
I LOVE this place.
By daraday on 2/28/2008
Found it 2 years ago. Now my friends keep stealing it and showing it to their friends. I take credit! Great tapas, real tapas, great wine, great staff. SMALL location.
Everything a NY restaurant should be
By channis30 on 11/13/2007
Quirky, charming, fun. Amazing food, glorious service, buzzy feel. If I lived here I'd go every week. I think I can still taste the meat balls. And the prawns with garlic and chilli and the warm mushroom salad. Mmm.
warm and cozy
By deborah on 1/27/2007
I've been here about five times and the staff is super-friendly and have the cutest Spanish accents. The food is classic tapas - I recommend the garlicky sauteed mushrooms that come to the table sizzling, the cheese croquetas and octopus salad. Terrific wine list with inexpensive options. Great for dates and just kicking back with friends for conversation.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Colonia Verde’s Next Sunday Asado Features Alex Raij and Fany Gerson
- Levain Bakery, and Its Tremendous Cookies, Are Moving to a Bigger Space
- Starbucks Introduces Nitrogen-Infused Cold Brew, Just Wants to Be One of the Cool Kids
- ‘Renegade’ Ice-Cream Trucks Terrorizing Mister Softee Drivers
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus