All Reader Reviews of...
941 Second Ave., New York, NY, 10022
at 50th St.
I got shell food poisoning and almost died!
By guisella on 1/26/2011
I ate the shrimp parm on Sunday. It was a bit salty (to hide the fact that they were bad). My eyes swelled up so badly I couldn't see. My whole body swelled and my stomach was killing me for 48 hours, I had chills and a rash. I was diagnosed with shell food poisoning. Monday, my friend tried to inform the manager but when she went there, she was told he wasn't in until tuesday. She went back and was told he wasn't in on Tuesday, "maybe tomorrow" she was told. Finally, we called Wednesday and were told there was no manager and that they didn't know when, or if he would ever be in! We just wanted to let him know that he may have received a bad shipment of shrimp or suggest he investigate so this wouldn't happen to anyone else! So irresponsible and dangerous! I'm reporting them to the health department!
Oh so good
By jdmellentine on 11/13/2009
By jdmellentine on 11/13/2009
The service has been a little spotty. Hopefully they'll get that cleaned up. The food is fresh and terrific. We order delivery most times and it is one of our favorite places. I'd like to see them add garlic cheese bread and a couple more dessert items to the menu to add more goods to the goods. Highly recommended.
Never going back
By newyorky on 9/16/2009
Never going back - even though I live around the corner. The service is awful and the food is mediocre. If ever I'm craving lasagna, I'm pretty sure I could go to the grocery store, come home and bake an entire lasagna (that'd taste better than what I'd get here) in the same amount of time it'd take to be served at Lasagna Ristorante. I understand that it takes time to bake a lasagna, but you would think that if the restaurant is named for the dish, perhaps they would be prepared to serve it in less than 45 minutes? And maybe make it taste good? And if not, you would imagine that the manager would be used to complaints and maybe learn to deal with his patrons in a nicer manner. NOPE. Slow service, average food, rude manager. Waste of time, waste of money, never going back.
Stay Away if you want service!
By Dromoland on 8/19/2009
The service was abysmal and noise level made the 6 of us have to shout to be heard. After ordering and then no attention for over 1/2 hour I spoke to the manager to see about when we might recieve our entrees. She was rude and dismissive. Suggested that we should have ordered appetizers so we didn't notice how long it was taking for our entrees to arrive! We had drinks while waitng for meal but no one ever bothered to see if we wanted another round. Food was ok when finally arrived but nothing so special you can't get anywhere else in the neighborhood.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Salad Chain Literally Everyone’s Obsessed With Bans Bacon and Sriracha From Its Menus
- Lin-Manuel Miranda â€‹Finally Got His Sardi’s Portrait
- Dairy Queen Gives America ‘Ultimate Frappé’ Coffee Drinks
- GQ’s ‘12 Best New Restaurants of 2016’ Includes Wildair, Untitled, and Mimi
- Olmsted, From 3 Atera Alumni, Opens in Prospect Heights Tonight