All Reader Reviews of...
28 Greenwich Ave., New York, NY, 10011
nr. Charles St.
By exciteme on 7/16/2007
The food is incredible and on par with some of the best restaurants that I've been to in India. The spices are subtle and savory. A must for anyone who likes Indian food.
No words to explain how good this place is...
By yanick782 on 5/31/2007
We walked in and at first sight, it is just a hole in the wall and I was scared. However, the staff was amazing and the food was to die for. My mother is a caterer and I am picky when it comes to good food. This place is great. I hope you all will try this place out.
Peace Love and Lassi
By PodunkPrincess on 9/3/2005
I am addicted. In a world where it is hard to find a healthy meal that is both tasty and affordable, Lassi is a "must stop" on a venture around the Village! Recharge and refresh.... It's about time.... and health!
Very small space...but excellent to take home!
By atteojnnyl on 6/13/2005
The lassis are delicious (especially the cardamom & coconut flavors!), and many of the daily specials are fantastic (I loved the lamb with peas). The pancake-things (whose name I cannot recall) were good and very subtle in flavor, but did need the sauce because they're quite dry by nature. Definitely worth a trip!
By discerningpalate on 6/10/2005
The place advertises Parathas which are doughie, and even a novice from any of the regions of India and Pakistan could make better Parathas. Heather may have been a good pastry chef, but she certainly does not understand, Indian/Pakistani food, and the fusion of spices as it relates to taste. Its a feeble attempt at mixing spices. The lassi's are clumpy and thick because its just yogurt put in a blender and mixed with other flavors eg mangoes et al. The place is clastrophobic. The warm smiles do not warm a gourmets palate for the food while seems made in clean enironment is subpar. For the quality of food its pricey.
By danishaj on 5/6/2005
By critique on 4/30/2005
Delicious food, simply prepared very fresh and tasty food. The service was impecible and loved the decor. Only recomendation: front desk could extend a more friendly greetin. will return and larger selection of Greek wines? Critique
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu