- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
211 W. Broadway, New York, NY, 10013
at Franklin St.
True Definition of "Waiter": you'll find it here.
By chia6000 on 7/29/2003
I am from Delaware.We have 1 place that is pretty "touristy-morrocan". In comparison, Layla,has been able to maintain its ethnicity,not seem too gimmicky overcome 9/11 economic obstacles, & present a true memorable evening. The staff was MORE than attentive. Throughout the entire night,water was filled at appropriate times, the drinks were perfect, the food was a nicely presented array of morrocan fare.I Recommend the appetizers as a meal!If you don't care for Morrocan food,enjoy the ambience,and order an entree' instead.Belly dancer was fun to watch,waiters were Authentic Morrocans and quite friendly.It is rare to find such a beautiful unique interior in a restaurant these days:mosaics were dramatic. Intimate lighting:perfect for date or friends. Expensive,but you get what you pay for. Try it.
Fabulous decor; more upscale than other middle-eastern places
By zeecee on 3/30/2003
The place looks fabulous with huge mosaic murals on the walls, almost as if done by a set designer. Middle-eastern food has reached a new height - at least in terms of surroundings. But maybe you want middle-eastern food to be more home-spun and cheap as something about this didn't work for me. As taken as I was by the setting, the food didn't get to me. I'd go for a drink or to entertain out of towners in search of something exotic. It's expensive, the food doesn't work the way you want it to, so it's not a repeat place for us. It's large and easy to get into.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s