All Reader Reviews of...
221 W. 38th St., New York, NY, 10018
nr. Seventh Ave.
Mediocre Food, Appalling Service
By toastyup on 4/1/2014
Super disappointed that NYMag critics picked this overpriced, mediocre establishment. I can put up with inept servers and a rude, entitled manager, but I draw the line at bad pizza. There are so many other fantastic places to go in NY (with better ambiance and a people watching scene)--Lombardi's, Locali's, Franny's. Don't waste your time or money.
Good Food, Bad Music
By beebeeflies on 1/4/2012
The pizza was delicious and the restaurant cute. However the very loud karoke-style music ruined any potential for ambiance or pleasant conversation.
Finally! A place to eat near Penn Station
By thatfigenshugirl on 5/19/2008
I was shocked to venture up the stairs and find adorable Lazzara's. The tin ceiling was lovely and the ambience inviting- it got you in the mood for some great pizza. The pizza was very tasty, but I'd skip the appetizers. They were uninspired and bland. A nice value for a good meal when you're heading to or from Penn Station.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More