Au Revoir Le Gamin
By stribs on 2/28/2009
Mourning the loss of this, one of my favorite NYC restaurants. I always enjoyed their good strong coffee, their cappuccinos, and their crepes. But my favorite meal was their delicious half of a rotisserie chicken, which I'd get with a huge helping of mashed potatoes. The staff there were always nice, if unhurried, the French pop music pleasant, and the decor simple but cool. I stood outside the window the other night, hoping to introduce my friend to the joint, but we just stood outside for a moment in the cold, as I gazed though the window at the one large remaining print on the wall. The cute French girl in the black-and-white image now stands beside her little white Citroen looking rather lonely.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Sauvage, From the Maison Premiere Team, Debuts in Greenpoint
- Australia Got Its Own Naked Restaurant
- Here’s What Bourdain Learned by Eating Noodles With President Obama
- The Future of Vegan Food Could Include Artificial Oysters and Veggie-Based Blue Cheese
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations