Au Revoir Le Gamin
By stribs on 2/28/2009
Mourning the loss of this, one of my favorite NYC restaurants. I always enjoyed their good strong coffee, their cappuccinos, and their crepes. But my favorite meal was their delicious half of a rotisserie chicken, which I'd get with a huge helping of mashed potatoes. The staff there were always nice, if unhurried, the French pop music pleasant, and the decor simple but cool. I stood outside the window the other night, hoping to introduce my friend to the joint, but we just stood outside for a moment in the cold, as I gazed though the window at the one large remaining print on the wall. The cute French girl in the black-and-white image now stands beside her little white Citroen looking rather lonely.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Ana Gasteyer Loves a Good Mint Julep
- Starbucks New ‘Secret’ Drink Is a Ghastly Purple Nightmare
- World’s Worst Customer Injures Himself and 4 Others After Accidentally Firing His Gun at a Restaurant
- A Chef Explains Why He’s Suddenly Closing His Much-Loved Brooklyn Restaurant
- More Whole Foods Products Recalled Over Food-Safety Fears