All Reader Reviews of...
150 W. 46th St., New York, NY, 10036
nr. Sixth Ave.
You Cannot Go Wrong with Steak-Frites
By foodie18 on 1/1/2008
If you are a carnivore and do not mind the extreme noise level, you will have a pleasant experience here. The food is prepared as described, not always true in kosher restaurants, and the service is competent, if a bit rushed at times. In a steakhouse, which is on the decline in culinary circles, your vegetarian friends will go home hungry--no surprise, although a fine pasta dish would not be amiss. Desserts are overpriced, but this spot fills the niche for the neighborhood.
Best of the Best!
By nydoc on 7/17/2007
Having lived in NY nearly all my life, I have been to steak houses all over the city. I went to a friend's birthday bash at Le Marais four years ago, and have been hooked ever since! The service is impeccable, the food is presented beautifully, in truth, my only complaint is that its always a bit dark inside, i guess to give it that 'rustic' parisian feel, but you get used to it. The Mergez w/ couscous is delicious, and for an entree, dont miss the "Le Surprise"-the best cut of meat I have ever had. Their french fries are delicious, so if you can "afford" it, ask for an extra side (or two) of fries.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- The Rise of the Power Sushi Restaurant
- 25-Ton Potato Spill Blocks Off North Carolina Highway for Hours
- Man Who Sprayed Rodenticide in Whole Foods Believed People Were Trying to Poison Him
- Columbia Tells Student He’s Done Running That Restaurant in His Dorm Room
- Kings County Distillery’s Tasting Room Opens Tonight With Whiskey Pops, Manhattans, and More