All Reader Reviews of...
590 Lexington Ave., New York, NY, 10154
nr. 52nd St.
$31 for 2 people deal from Gilt City - for Steak Frites and salad
By GothamFoodPorn on 7/17/2012
A prix fixe French steakhouse - I've been to their location in London (City) as well as the one in NYC. I went to the Midtown East location this weekend as Gilt City had this amazing $31 for two people deal going on (for steak frites and salad). It's a decent steakhouse but obviously can't compete with BLT Prime, Smith & Wollensky, Peter Luger, Wolfgang's etc. It's a good value play for what you get. I noticed that many tourists go to this restaurant...Anyway, I took lots of photos, and here they are: www.gothamfoodporn.com
Excellent addition to NYC dining scene
By snee002 on 9/24/2010
We love the restaurant in Paris and love the new NYC location. Food is great - same fixed menu so no entenuated menu evaluations required - location and setting good. Perfect for lunch and dinner. Reasonably priced to boot!
Just as I remembered!
By allison_silver on 10/9/2009
I cannot be more pleased that this restaurant has finally opened in New York. I have loved this restaurant for years and have been waiting a long time to experience the famous entrecote - aside from my trips to Europe. The quality of the meat is more superior in comparison to the other locations. The decor and the waitstaff is a mirror image to the classic locations. And their famous green sauce is more delicious than ever. I hope everyone who visit this restaurant has the experience that has never ceased to disappoint me.
By maxim007 on 10/1/2009
Terrible service, secret sauce is nothing special, steak is very far from what a reasonable person would expect. They do not serve ketchup. Do not go there!!!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu