- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
102 Franklin St., New York , NY, 10013
nr. Church St.
An awesome experience
By JoelRedfield on 5/11/2013
My wife and I were just blown away by this place. I don't remember as many OMG moments in quite some time. I have a hard time deciding which was my favorite dish, and the best I can do is to narrow down my choice to any of these four: foie gras and rhubarb terrine, grilled testa (pig's head), poached fluke, or lamb saddle. The monkfish liver mousse, and the asparagus sorbet with asparagus foam and caviar amuse-bouche, were pretty terrific, too. The house-made bread and butter were so addictive we had to ask them to take away the remaining half of our second helping, lest we spoil our appetites for the courses yet to come. The ingredients in each dish were so flavorful, and their combination was so brilliant, that I truly felt that my horizon for what could be accomplished with food was greatly expanded. The wine pairing we had was excellent, and the friendly, knowledgeable, responsive, and thoroughly professional staff was exceptional. The atmosphere was relaxed, and not having to make menu choices added to our sense of being well taken care of. Anyone who loves food would do themselves a favor by coming here.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More