All Reader Reviews of...
155 W. 51st St., New York, NY, 10019
nr. Seventh Ave.
A FINE RESTAURANT
By ELIAS2003 on 10/20/2003
A SUPERB RESTAURANT FOR GROWN-UP.
Total reliability and style
By huntleysf on 9/22/2003
I have been here perhaps twelve times and cannot fault this beautiful place, the most elegant way to eat before a Broadway show and a gift to Midtown West. Nothing to touch it for refined seafood...and the staff is kind. Free champagne and appetizers if you have to wait, $$ taken off the bill if you are even mildly dissatisfied. I once had the maitre d' chase me down the street to give me an $80 refund when I found my meal not hot enough! Only rivaled by Jean Georges and Bouley among the elite of NYC restaurants...and more recenlty Ducasse.
The pinnacle of seafood
By drmcohen on 5/20/2003
Chef Ripert is a true magician with seafood. His award this year as top chef from the James Beard Foundation is no fluke! Every time I have been, the food has been outstanding. The tasting menu with the halibut, peeky toe crab, and the desserts are just incredible. We ask the sommelier to create wine tastings which are spectacular with the food. If you are foodies, this place is an aprodisiac. Just ask my wife.
Everything was great..............
By Ducky on 4/19/2003
The restaurant probably remembers us because we were the youngest people there in our teenage years.Food,Decor and the service was great.I guess people were looking at us saying how these young folks know about this great restaurant.We felt really welcome there which made us comfortable.We went there to eat on April 18,2003, which was last night.We had a great time and we will be back.
By heatherspiro on 3/21/2003
How do they do it? Very average food ,very small portions and extremely high prices??? Lets just say we went out to eat after dinner...save yourselves!!!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu