All Reader Reviews of...
1131 Madison Ave., New York, NY, 10028
nr. 84th St.
Great location... Simply awful service
By Foodietraveller on 7/1/2011
Please wait here to be seated. The room was filled with empty tables, but the only response our party of 5 received was "please wait further over there" before he returned to his conversation within another waiter. Finally seated, no menu, no water no waiter - no wonder the place is nearly empty. Finally ordered, some really interesting sandwiches, the ricotta and fig is much better than it sounds. Lemonade and mint pretty good as well. The next party took a table next to us ordered a selection of salads, atlantic prawns, a bean salad all nice to look at as well. A tip for restaurant managers, do serve your guests out of order, and keep those who have been waiting 40 mins for a sandwich waiting any more than you should. Average food, poor service and unacceptably long waits rate this place a zero. Don't go, it will spoil your otherwise happy disposition. PS. To the manageress who said "there's nothing you can do about it" Yes there is.... I'm warning everyone I meet to avoid the place like the plague
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu