All Reader Reviews of...
462 Broadway, New York, NY, 10013
at Grand St.
By chyl on 2/2/2010
I'm rarely impressed with a restaurant but L'Ecole is the exception. I have gone two times for the 5-course dinner and have been unbeliveably impressed both times. Each dish was prepared perfectly and the servers even brought out little "tasters" between dishes. This place is definitely on my "favorite" list
correct but not surprising cuisine and disappointing service
By doty81 on 10/25/2009
We went to lÂ’Ecole on a Monday evening and got the five-courses menu for 42$, and we added a bottle of wine. The products were of good quality, fresh and well cooked. Nevertheless, the cuisine was Â“old-schoolÂ”, not really Â“delicateÂ” and not surprising. The decor of the restaurant was nice, the presentation of the table was really pleasant and the room very quiet, even if a large table was sited closed to us. However, the service was very bad. The waiters (3-4) were not enthusiastic or smiling, took our plates before we really finished, didnÂ’t present the plates and brought them rudely, by almost throwing them in front of us. To conclude, we were disappointed, even if the cuisine is simple and of a good value, we didnÂ’t feel in a cosy atmosphere and upscale restaurant where people takes care of their guest, as we can expect from lÂ’Ecole.
By sml44 on 3/30/2009
a great place for dinner. good location atmosphere service and most importantly food. a great way to experience nyc and cooking. fun to know chefs in training are helping prepare your food
Unbeatable food, service and price!
By sunnyd112 on 8/12/2004
A week later and I still can't stop thinking about my lunch at L'Ecole. This is probably the most delicious meal I've ever had! From the corn soup to the fois gras to the perfectly-cooked sirloin to the yummy desserts.The service was great, too. Really attentive. And what a great deal for a 3-course prix fixe -- only $20 per person! BTW, the house wines were so good that I called the next day to ask what they were. I definitely recommend this place!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument
- IHOP Staffers Turned Their Entire Restaurant Into an All-out Brawl