- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
117 Perry St., New York, NY, 10014
nr. Greenwich St.
Much improved, worth trying
By clements88 on 7/18/2013
We live a few blocks away from this restaurant and have been about 4-5 times since it opened. It's always been fine, but mostly unremarkable. If we didn't live so close by, it probably wouldn't be worth the trip. But we just went last night with my parents and the food was outstanding. We shared the farfelle pasta to start, which was excellent, and then we had the striped bass, the chicken and the brook trout entrees, which were all superb. The service has always been perfectly pleasant at the Left Bank but now the food is really top notch as well. Highly recommend a visit.
By rea2003 on 11/4/2011
Went for a 7pm dinner reservation and was nervous/ slightly disappointed when we walked past the restaurant and spotted an empty dining room. The place was packed by 9 though and with good reason. Especially memorable -- salt cod appetizer, kale side, squid and short ribs entrees. We had the gnocchi which was perfect; our neighbors had the bolognese which we coveted. Great, warm service, and a small, but reasonable and tasty wine list. Party room and brunch will debut soon. Go.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Colonia Verde’s Next Sunday Asado Features Alex Raij and Fany Gerson
- Levain Bakery, and Its Tremendous Cookies, Are Moving to a Bigger Space
- Starbucks Introduces Nitrogen-Infused Cold Brew, Just Wants to Be One of the Cool Kids
- ‘Renegade’ Ice-Cream Trucks Terrorizing Mister Softee Drivers
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus