All Reader Reviews of...
37 Canal St., New York, NY, 10002
at Ludlow St.
Unfortunately - Pretentious
By shotzjc72 on 3/10/2007
Great food - have eaten there several times. Unfortunately awful service & an overwhelming, pretentious attitude has taken over the place. Too bad.
Dare I say it...it was "terrible"!
By biobode on 7/11/2005
The first thing you need to know is the portions are incredibly small and pricey. The atmosphere was great, including the music. The entree, Casbah Lamb, was dissapointing and bland. The "carmalized vegetables" tasted and looked like canned carrots. The "ivory coast spiced" sauce lacked complexity and was boring like "Chef Boyardee" in the can. Overall, I was very disappointed and resented the money I payed for the "Terrible" food.
By ShelleyBaby on 11/18/2004
The restaurant is in a quiet part of the Lower East Side. It is a very small restaurant, too. Getting into your seat and out can be challenging--very intimate dining--with other guests. However, the unique dishes such as the duck and escagot pie are worth the trip.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu