All Reader Reviews of...
517 Lexington Ave., New York, NY, 10017
nr. 48th St.
great experience in lex brass
By marimarlalala on 4/5/2012
I was having breakfast last saturday in lex brass, good thing i had fun with the barista; she so funny and cute. shes making me laugh. and the food are good; i love the cheese cake though....
By Saben104 on 1/16/2012
Our concierge suggested Lexington Brass so we went on Sunday evening. It was a really a letdown. The restaurant was about half full, so there was no real excuse for the waiter giving awful service. First, it took him forever to take our order. Second, we put our order in about 5 minutes before the patrons next to us were even seated, yet their order came out first, despite the fact that we ordered similar items. The waiter never bother to come up and assure us that our food was coming out shortly and didn't even notice that people next to us were served until we brought it to his attention. My partner ordered the filet mignon, which came out at room temperature and not hot. The waiter never came over to ask us how our meals were and we needed to summon the manager over. He correctly apologized and said he would make my partner a new filet, BUT when the new one came out, the server never brought the sauce that he brought with the first steak. Moreover, neither he nor the manger came out to ask if our second filet was satisfactory. Finally, we asked for the check and it took him about 15 minutes for him to finally bring it over. To his credit, they gave us complimentary dessert, however, we weren't interested in dessert in the first place and would've much preferred better service and properly prepared food the first time. I ordered a grilled fish that was very good, but our overall experience was far below the rave review our concierge has advised us of before we went.
Not worth the Bloomspot price of $80.00
By Beh on 9/22/2012
Bought a coupon on Bloomspot for $80.00. The coupon included two cocktails, two appetizers, two entrees, and a bottle of wine. The cocktails were good, and it went down from there. The pork appetizer was all fat, the salmon entree was fishy, the mashed potatoes with fried chicken were instants, and the bottle of wine had a screw top, which we have not seen since high school. A very bad meal that was not worth the "deal" of $80.00. Would not go back again.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu