- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
1226 Lexington Ave., New York, NY, 10028
at 83rd St.
great weekend breakfasts
By Katbeee on 11/4/2013
we love the pancakes, side order of nice crisp bacon and , of course, the milkshakes. we come as often as possible for the breakfasts, and for lunch , too.
one of the best places to eat in manhattan!
By maryc917 on 1/3/2009
great breakfasts, great drinks, great sandwiches! this place takes you back in time with decor and with comfort food you've grown up with. it's a neighborhood place but with lots of tourists and lots of celebrities. and the staff treats you like family. we try to get there a few times a week for weekend breakfasts and weekday lunches. they're known for their fresh squeezed orange juice, their shakes and their lemonades. and the lexington special sandwich is to die for! I highly recommend it.
This is the Real Deal
By bigjazza on 4/18/2009
Don't be put off by the name which suggests some kind of reinvented retro diner; this place has not been refurbished since the late 1940's. Nothing on the menu disappoints - we went there twice as European tourists - and the service is great. This is a genuine neighbourhood diner but celebrities visit too - the day before we went Paul McCartney was in. Fantastic burgers and club sandwiches and real lemonade. A highlight of our trip.
By cwperez on 8/18/2011
This was nice. The old school floats and shakes are really good. The waitress was nice also and we went with a groupon.
By andrewmlin on 11/23/2008
Bad service - they just don't care. We ordered some breakfast here, waited at least 15 minutes, while everyone around us (even those who arrived and ordered later) was receiving their food. We thought something was wrong, so we asked our waitress who was already rude to begin with. She had forgotten to place the order with the kitchen! Her response: she shrugged her shoulders, said sorry in a feeble attempt, and walked off. When she returned, we asked if she could give us a discount or something...she said that she just worked there. The owner of the shop, who was behind the counter, watched all of this and said nothing. They just don't care about service here.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu