All Reader Reviews of...
171 Grand St., New York, NY, 10013
at Baxter St.
Great Restuarnat, Prices, and Service.
By eecook on 7/12/2009
Fabulous place that serves excellent Korean Food. The decor is muted and comfortable, providing a relaxing atmosphere for a fulfilling meal. The waitstaff is extremely attentive and genial. The food is excellent: try the bimbimbap, the jigae, and the kimchee tofu. The menu is constantly expanding and the space is soon to be renovated--I can't wait for a great thing to become even better!
Love This Place!
By tobyspinksm on 4/3/2007
It is the best Korean food I've ever had. We were greeted by steaming, hot green tea in a glass tumbler. The atmosphere is light with many windows to see outside on the street. The restaurant isn't usually crowded. There are candles on the tables and there is a romantic vibe. The wait staff is incredibly nice! We started with the Kimchee tofu (steamed tofu with seasoned kimchee) which was really amazing. For main dishes, I had the Hot Stone bibimbab (variety of vegetables, served over rice in a hot stone bowl with red pepper paste) and my boyfriend had the Vegetable Bokkum noodles (stir-fried noodles with assorted vegetables). Mine came in a very hot stone bowl that kept the dish STEAMING (and sizzling) hot while I ate it. They do buy 2 Sapporo and get one free but we didn't make it... on the way out the waitress asked for my boyfriend's name so he could have it the next time he came in. We returned about a month later and GOT THE SAPPORO! The cost was low. $54 for two with tax and tip.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument
- IHOP Staffers Turned Their Entire Restaurant Into an All-out Brawl